This job posting is no longer active, please click here to see other opportunities
Colour is What We Do!
You probably don't realize it but, every day, wherever you go, you're looking at our work. That's because more people choose our decorative paints and performance coatings than those of any other manufacturer. When you join Dulux Paints, you join Canada's leader in decorative paints.
We are seeking a customer service focused Store Manager to join our diverse team.
What you will do:
As the Store Manager, you will lead your team in delivering superior service through attentive service, effective inventory planning and relationship building. You will manage store operations to meet sales targets and develop a self-motivated team of professionals. You will contribute to improved margins by assisting the Regional Operations Manager in strategic and long-term planning and maximize advertising resources by ensuring in store merchandising and point-of-sale material is consistent with company standards.
What you bring:
- 2+ years' experience supervising a team of up to 10 employees
- 2+ years' experience in a customer-facing sales role
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds
- Post-Secondary Degree or College Diploma is an asset
- Knowledge of the paint and coatings industry is an asset
- Effective problem definition and solving skills
At Dulux Paints, we are interested in your professional development and offer future growth opportunities within the company. In addition to an hourly wage, you may qualify for the following incentive and benefits plans:
- Inside Sales Incentive Plan
- Benefits Plan
- Health care, life insurance and additional optional coverage
- Dental care and short & long term disability
- Pension Plan
- PPG will make a basic contribution of 3% of employee earnings and will match 50% of the employee's contribution (up to a maximum of 2.5% of the employee's earnings).
- LifeWorks Employee Assistance Program
- Education Opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement for approved courses for employees
- A scholarship program to assist children of employees to obtain a university/college education
- Employee Discount Programs
- PPG Paint Discount Program offers 50% off wholesale paints and stains, 25% off retail sundries
- 15% off a National All Access Membership at any GoodLife Fitness in Canada
- Star Rewards
- Accumulate PPG Star Rewards points that can be redeemed for gift cards, event tickets, merchandise and travel.
In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, PPG Canada is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. Accommodation is available, upon request, for candidates participating in the recruitment process.